Ashley English has earned degrees in both holistic nutrition and sociology. Life has provided her with numerous career paths, including working as a medical assistant and nutritional consultant, manager of a bed and breakfast, wine and beer sales rep, baker, and caterer. Additionally, she has worked over the years with a number of non-profit organizations committed to social and agricultural issues. She is currently a member of Slow Food USA. Ashley is the author of the Homemade Living book series, which address varying topics related to sustainable small-scale homesteading. Ashley, her husband, and their young son, along with a menagerie of chickens, dogs, cats, and bees live in Candler, North Carolina, where they are converting their land into a thriving homestead. You can find her detailing those adventures in homesteading on her blog, Small Measure. She also writes a weekly column, “Small Measures with Ashley,” on the popular design blog, Design Sponge.
In Your Words
- BlogHer Handmade Social Media Panels
- TCC 60 Handmade Workshops
- Vogue Knitting Day 20 knitting workshops
- MaryJanesFarm Day 20 food and cooking classes
- Market Place The place for unique handmade items, products, food demonstrations, and over 48 of your favorite authors autographing their books. Open Friday 1:30 pm - 9:30 pm & Saturday 10 am - 6 pm